Friday, February 10, 2017

Redirecting this Blog

I originally planned (back in 2011) to blog obituaries from Kansas Newspapers that were posted in the Wayback Machine at the Internet Archive.  After researching that for a while, I only made one post so I've decided to redirect this blog to something I am more apt to continue.   As I do research into my family tree I find various articles and documents that I find interesting.  Some are directly related to ancestors and some are only marginally such.  I find I would like to tell someone about these, but am not sure whom to tell, so maybe blogging is a reasonable outlet for this.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, found your post really interesting. I could not find "orrs" on any of the ships you listed though. Disappointed. I had found where Agnes Immigrated years ago, lost it when my computer was locked up by hackers. The rest is really interesting. Matthew Steel Orr is my husbands great, great grandfather. We live in Wellston OK. Have you heard any stories about Matthew and other Orr's going to Kiro to purchase horses? We were told that three of them went and each brought back a gold coin that was made into a stick pin. We have Matthews gold coin. Was wondering if you researched this any.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for so much information. I had not seen the post about Matthew earlier. Good read today. I did not see a map you referred to showing drumbathie farm? Do you have a link to it I could use?

    ReplyDelete